Tuesday, October 27, 2009


For this BBTB Numbers theme card I thought about something to create related to Halloween, Numbers and...................... counting......YES! (my lovely husband said to me!!!!) Count Von Count (El Conde Contar! in spanish)

ONE: Made the card with the Count (blackout) welded with the numbers and a rectangle.
TWO: Cut the pieces for the count, numbers and the letter inside (Halloween Countdown!) The
suit was cut in black velvet paper

THREE: Used a lot of black dimensionals to make the layers (from 2 to 4 layers depending the area)
FOUR: Upper layers were inked and chalked

FIVE: Here you can see the layers with the card opened

SIX: The inside of the card Halloween Countdown! The letters were cut in SCAL, edge inked and sticked with black dimensionals.

SEVEN: The bats were UTEE embossed and the eyes were made with white pom poms and black beads
EIGHT: The bats were attached to the base of the count with purple wire
NINE: The count´s beard is made from black thin plush. Love to add different materials

TENNNNNNNNNNNNNN: Hope you like it and comments are welcomed!!!!!

Thursday, October 8, 2009


Uff!! Finally I am back. After a lot of work to do at home and with my children. I am here again.
Hope you like this Pumpkin Halloween Card. All made in SCAL. I have used a doodlebat from LD "Lil Pumpkin"and welded to the Happy Halloween letters.

The Happy Halloween letters were edge inked and heat embossed with clear UTEE. I really love the effect it creates. I welded everything in the blackout/shadow mode and made the layers in the normal mode. For the ones that use SCAL, sometimes when using doddlebats or jpgs it becomes difficult because you need to clean the images with AI or Inkscape ( or othe design software) before cutting in SCAL to get clear cuts and you need to create your own layers.

The pumpkins were edge inked with Ranger walnut stain distress ink. It really works so great to create this effect. I love it!!!
The eyes were chalked in blue and I have used black halves of plastic pearl beads. I made a lot of layers with black dimensionals

I was thinking to put some teeth on the left pupkin. I will think about it :o)
On the inside I will wait ´til October the 31st and place a pic from my children. They will be using pumpkin costumes for their School Halloween Party. They look so funny on those costumes. LOL.
Thks for looking!!!!!!!! Your comments are welcomed!! :o)